5.1.10

The Holiday Season

Winter Break was fun. 2 weeks away from school came at the best time. Quang Chung Phung Lung's party, Christmas gatherings with my family and friends, a debut, a couple of Chargers wins, 2 fantasy football championships and our graduation year finally here are just some of the highlights.


Finally got around to picking up that Black and White film I used in Vegas during Thanksgiving Break. Didn't come out as good as I thought, but whatever. It was pretty pricey and I had to wait forever for them.
















Hmm, what do we have here?


So, we had a Secret Santa with FAM. They all went to Jeb's but I had work, so I just went afterwards. Thanks for the gift card Matt. If we did one of those mailer cards and sent em out, this is definitely what it would look like:


This Christmas was definitely the one where I was giving way more than I ever had before. It felt good, and I could care less about the receiving end. It was fun going shopping and wrapping all my gifts. I know people always say to remember the real reason for the season, but you can't help getting caught up in the materialistic part of Christmas. I think you can keep a good balance of both, and that's what I try to do.


Even though I bought a lot for others, I did do my fair share of buying myself " Christmas presents". As some are well aware, Commissary is closed. Lawrence and I were pretty sad, but they had a big sale. When we went, all I had on my mind was buying an OriginalFake jacket. We both were able to get one for a ridiculous $70 dollars each. They were originally $205 and $275. We got the extra discount from the super nice employee, Sarah. It was kind of weird when she received something from the mailman the day we were there. She asked us if we wanted to see something cool, and she had a penis towel. Yea. Also got myself a new pair of jeans. I also got Quang and Marc pairs of deadstock Pushead dunks straight from a Pushead sale for a crazy low price. You guys better not sell those. I will know if you do.




I went to mass at midnight, then came home to an annual photoshoot, annual Laga ( beef w/spinach and carrots in some type of soup) dinner and opening of presents. I also placed baby Jesus into the nativity scene. I was very content with what I was getting ( some nice Stewie pajamas, socks, candies from Mr. Gonzo, and a couple DVDs). I was definitely not expecting a rectangular box wrapped in half Happy Birthday paper and Christmas paper. I immediately knew what it was. The Blu-ray playing, future God of War 3 disc loader --- PS3. It was, and I was going crazy. I just bought a flatscreen TV, and knew I would be playing some sweet games and watching Blu-rays. Thanks to my brothers and sisters for that one. Caught me by surprise. Thanks to everyone else who got me gifts, from home made-cards to vinyl, and for those who just give me the gift of friendship, I'm equally grateful.





On the same day, my aunt from LA came to celebrate Christmas with us. The elders were playing cards ( the pot got up to $600 kabooodles, wowsers). They played all the way until 9 in the morning. No sleep. I kept the little ones entertained. Played Wii, Mr. Potato heads and so on. My 3 year old cousin has his own freakin' laptop. Yes,a real one with internet and everything. We watched the Lakers get beaten by the Cavs, but then watched a Titans whooping by the Chargers. More aunts and uncles dropped by. Being with family on Christmas celebrating Jesus' birth, that's what it's all about.







Repeat. Not 1, but 2 fantasy football championships in the Mira Mesa Charger Nation. After defeating the red-hot Matt dirty D Donaldson by .2 points ( thank you Quinton Ganther and your vultured TD), I went on to beat Mr. Gonzo for the championship. The Boogla Boogas = dynasty. I also won the first annual Skullbrain fantasy football league. My team was stacked in that league. Way too stacked for a 12 team league. CJ2K, Andre Johnson, Hines Ward, Mason, TJ Housh, Ray Rice, Kevin Boss, Philip Rivers, Sidney Rice, Beanie Wells all on one team? Fantasy dominance.

2nd place: Ay Stacayy GM: Andrew Gonzales


I honestly don't remember what happened the last week of break. It was probably involving the newly installed AT&T U-Verse in my room as well as COD and Madden mixed in. I remember always waking up in the afternoon after staying awake until 3-4am most days. I really tried to sleep early, but I couldn't. Screwed up my pattern for school, that's for sure.

I had to work on New Year's Eve, which sucked. It was really busy, and I was really tired by the time I got home. Celebrated the new year with my family. Watched Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest, and JLo in a weird ass outfit. 2010 is finally here. I've thought about the time that this year would finally come, and it still blows my mind that its finally here. This is our year.

First day of the New Year was marked by Melissa's debut. Was surprisingly one of the carriage pushers. Haha, it was a fun debut. Good food, Thirty Deluxe. It was definitely one of those days where you just get even closer with your friends. Even with Jeb's inner raptor coming out and Andrew's loud snoring, I love my friends.

After the debut, it was all work. Had to finish up homework, do a photoshoot, etc. etc. And that's when the break started to suck. Especially when I started school off with a Chapter 9 re-take test. Oh so fun.

For those who are still waiting for the shirts, they're on the way. The guy who's making them went on vacation and can't respond for a while.

My next post will involve Lawrence and I's AP Photography project over break. We had to document " A Day in the Life" of any person. We picked Mr. Kris Butiong. Lucky bags in next post also. TTFN. Man, when was the last time I used that...

No comments: